Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe before I decided to follow a lower fat diet, so I often reduce the cheese amount and it works just as well. I've also combined it with the Weight Watchers Baked Potato Soup #261058 for a nice lower fat recipe. I use broth when doing the baked potato version. Also adding roasted garlic is quite tasty. Can do the potatoes peeled or unpeeled. The cauliflower can be fresh or frozen.
- Melt butter or olive oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, cook and stir 4 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- Add garlic, cook and stir for 15 seconds.
- Add milk (or broth), potatoes, cauliflower, salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Use a hand held blender or transfer to a regular blender in batches and process til smooth. Reduce to medium heat, heat until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Add cheeses into soup and stir until melted.