1/2 Photos of Ukrainian Lokshyna W Cottage Cheese (Noodle and Cheese Casserole
Find the recipe how to make Ukrainian LOKSHYNA (egg noodles) or use store bought fresh egg noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the noodles as directed in the recipe for Lokshyna.
- 2Fry the chopped bacon until crisp, and add it along with the bacon fat to the noodles.
- 3Sprinkle lightly with salt and mix well.
- 4Combine the egg with the cream and cottage cheese.
- 5Season to taste with salt.
- 6Arrange alternate layers of the noodles and cheese mixture in a buttered baking dish.
- 7Top with the buttered bread crumbs.
- 8Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) for about 40 minutes.
- 9Serve as a main dish with a vegetable salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ukrainian Lokshyna W Cottage Cheese (Noodle and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 915.2
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 345.7 mg
- Sodium 1884.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh egg noodles