I saw this one on the Today show and is a fast favorite of mine. It has EIGHT types of cheese! It's very rich and tasty, makes a huge casserole, and is a big hit at family gatherings.
- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated muenster cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Combine the eggs with the Velveeta, butter, and 2 cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl.
- Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar (reserve 1 cup), the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper.
- Toss until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with the remaining 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot.