1/2 Photos of Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese
1 hr 15 mins
Picture Witch Erin's Note:
I saw this one on the Today show and is a fast favorite of mine. It has EIGHT types of cheese! It's very rich and tasty, makes a huge casserole, and is a big hit at family gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated muenster cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- 2Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes.
- 3Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- 4Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- 5Combine the eggs with the Velveeta, butter, and 2 cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl.
- 6Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 7Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar (reserve 1 cup), the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper.
- 8Toss until completely combined.
- 9Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle top with the remaining 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2048.9
- Calories from Fat 1181
- Total Fat 131.2 g
- Saturated Fat 78.4 g
- Cholesterol 738.2 mg
- Sodium 1726.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 88.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: