1/3 Photos of Ultimate No-Fail Lasagna
I love this lasagna recipe because it never fails me, even though I'm a rookie cook! This is so easy to make and it makes tons so I always freeze half and eat it for a month! If you want to make a small pan, divide the recipe in half and it'll still turn out great! *Edited to add: This can be made without the eggs! The cheese mixture will still be delicious without the egg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Brown meat and drain off fat.
- 2Add spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3Cook noodles in boiling water until tender.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5In separate bowl, mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan, eggs and herbs.
- 6In a 9x13 pan lay down layer of cooked noodles only slightly overlapping.
- 7Cover noodles with 1/3 of meat sauce and 1/2 cheese mixture.
- 8Cover with another layer of noodles.
- 9Cover with 1/3 meat sauce and rest of the cheese mixture.
- 10Cover with another layer of noodles.
- 11Cover with remaining meat mixture and top with remaining shredded cheeses.
- 12Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 13Remove from oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate No-Fail Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.0
- Calories from Fat 489
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 262.4 mg
- Sodium 1124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 68.4 g