1/1 Photo of Ultimate Patty Melts - Rachael Ray
This is a grilled sandwich with a burger inside!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper
- 8 slices white bread (or whatever sandwich bread you like)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 -4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 1Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2Add the onion to the pan and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- 3Remove to a large mixing bowl and wipe the pan clean.
- 4When the onions have cooled slightly, place the pan back over medium-high heat with about 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5To the mixing bowl with the onions, add the sirloin, Worcestershire, some salt and pepper and mix thoroughly to combine.
- 6Divide the meat into 4 portions and shape into 4 thin burgers.
- 7Add the patties to the hot pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- 8While the burgers are cooking, butter up one side of each slice of bread then flip them over and spread mustard on each.
- 9When the burgers have finished cooking, make stacks by laying down the slices of white bread, butter side-down, and top them with a slice of cheese, a patty, another slice of cheese, 2 slices of bacon and tomato and another slice of bread (butter side-up).
- 10Wipe out the pan that the burgers were cooked in and return it over medium heat.
- 11Add the stacks to the pan and cook until the bread is toasted golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2-3 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Patty Melts - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.4
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 177.4 mg
- Sodium 838.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 50.2 g