Gives you a warm pick me up in 5 minutes, for lunch or dinners. I will give you the amount per person, and you can chose what sort of changes you want to make. Obviously larger amounts do in a saucepan lol. This is what I do for lunch in a hurry. Satisfying, easy and can be dressed up in many ways. This is just the base which is great on its own..
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Cube the mozzarella.
- Heat your V8 in a cup in the microwave to boiling.
- Drop in cubes of mozzarella and stir until they start to melt.
- Serve immediately.
- Sometimes I grate another 2 ounces on top so I can put the spoon down the lake of mozzarella, get some soup and a little more cheese -- .
Easy peasy! I love it! I've never been a fan of V8 but had some on hand for a 'tomato tea' I'd been drinking while sick. I wanted to try something a little different to finish off the bottle I had open and this was perfect. I did pick a little basil from my garden to chop and add. I had pretzel slim crackers on the side...I can't wait to try again with some of the recommendations noted! Thanks!
pretty good for being so easy - i used spicy v8 juice...and, it was quite spicy. i think next time i'd use regular, and add some spices
This was a nice dinner with a grilled cheese, and I would've never thought of it, either! I used Spicy V8 - which, oddly enough, ended up being WAY too spicy for me, and I'm a spice fiend. Maybe I got a zippy bottle. I added some milk, reheated, and it worked just fine. :)