Recipe from First Magazine 11/3/08. Feel free to substitute veggie broth for the chicken broth to make this a great vegetarian recipe!
- In a saucepot, melt the butter then saute' brown rice, onions and carrots over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a blender, puree mixture for 2 minutes and then return it to the saucepot.
- Add the juice and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in the half and half and cheese.
- When cheese is melted, serve up the soup.
- Garnish with kettle corn and some fresh chives.