1/1 Photo of V8 Velvety Tomato-Cheddar Soup
1 hr 2 mins
Recipe from First Magazine 11/3/08. Feel free to substitute veggie broth for the chicken broth to make this a great vegetarian recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepot, melt the butter then saute' brown rice, onions and carrots over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Add broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4In a blender, puree mixture for 2 minutes and then return it to the saucepot.
- 5Add the juice and cook 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in the half and half and cheese.
- 7When cheese is melted, serve up the soup.
- 8Garnish with kettle corn and some fresh chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V8 Velvety Tomato-Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 1292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 19.1 g