From Weight Watchers Favorite Recipes book. I finally found a broccoli recipe (without hollandaise sauce) that I enjoy. The original recipe was for the microwave, however, I prefer to cook in the oven so I've amended accordingly.
- 3 cups broccoli florets (or substitute 1/2 with cauliflower)
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 ounce cooked ham, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
- 6 -8 ounces monterey jack cheese (or colby, cheddar, muenster)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, combine all ingredients except cheese, mixing well. Add water to casserole.
- Cover casserole and cook for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add cheese evenly over vegetable mixture and cook uncovered for another 5 - 10 minutes, till cheese melts and vegetables are tender crisp.