1/3 Photos of Warm Goat Cheese Dip
Recipe from the issue of May 2002 of Coup de Pouce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shallots or 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- black olives (optional)
- 1In a small saucepan, melt butter at medium heat.
- 2Add shallots and cook, stirring from time to time, for 5 minutes or until it has soften.
- 3Add milk, red wine vinegar, sugar and cream cheese and stir.
- 4Cook, whisking with a whisk, until cheese has melted and mixture is homogeneous.
- 5Add goat cheese and reheat while stirring until mixture is creamy.
- 6Add chives, parsley and red hot pepper flakes and stir well.
- 7Pour the dip in a serving dish and garnish with black olives, if wanted.
- 8Serve now.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Goat Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.4
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 35.7 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 859.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 32.4 g