1/2 Photos of Warm Roasted Beet Salad With Spinach and Blue Cheese
Courtesy of the Oregonian, a great fall/winter salad to serve with rosemary chicken, fish, or a nice dijon fennel pork loin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beets, peeled, trimmed, halved, and cut in 1/2-inch wedges (about 5 or 6)
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the beets with the shallots, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2Transfer to an 11-by-13-inch pan and cook, tossing beets twice, until they are tender and browned in places (but not burnt), 25 to 35 minutes.
- 3Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a large serving bowl and toss with the vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Arrange the spinach on four salad plates. Arrange the beets on the spinach and sprinkle with blue cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Roasted Beet Salad With Spinach and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 833.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar