A co-worker introduced me to this salad. The combination sounds odd, but it all works! The sweetness of the melon, the tanginess of the feta, and the tartness of the lime combine to make an amazing taste sensation!
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin half moon slices
- 2 -3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup pitted oil-cured black olive
- 1 cup whole flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the onion slices in a small bowl, add the juices from the limes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the feta cheese cubes with the watermelon cubes, the black olives, parsley, mint, olive oil, and pepper.
- Add the onion and lime juice mixture and gently toss to combine.