This soup uses a bottle of Michelob Amber Bock beer. Rich and creamy and perfect for those cold winter nights.
- Open beer and let stand while dicing vegetables.
- Saute bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- In large soup kettle, saute vegetables in two tablespoon of bacon grease until soft.
- Add chicken broth.
- Fill chicken can with beer and add to mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Pour remaining beer into a small mixing bowl and whisk in flour.
- Gradually add to broth, stirring constantly, till thick.
- Add half and half, bacon and cheese.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.