1/4 Photos of Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup
mary winecoff's Note:
This soup uses a bottle of Michelob Amber Bock beer. Rich and creamy and perfect for those cold winter nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open beer and let stand while dicing vegetables.
- 2Saute bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- 3In large soup kettle, saute vegetables in two tablespoon of bacon grease until soft.
- 4Add chicken broth.
- 5Fill chicken can with beer and add to mixture.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- 7Pour remaining beer into a small mixing bowl and whisk in flour.
- 8Gradually add to broth, stirring constantly, till thick.
- 9Add half and half, bacon and cheese.
- 10Heat until cheese melts.
- 11Stir in sugar.
- 12Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.6
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 113.2 mg
- Sodium 1246.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 26.1 g