1/4 Photos of Your Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Little Old Me's Note:
Another Basic. This is great served with soup, and easy to make variations on. You can use different kinds of cheese, or bread, possibly even add a few veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the skillet.
- 2Coat each side of bread with butter, inside and out.
- 3Place pieces of cheese in the middle.
- 4Cook on a low heat until bread is toasty and cheese is melted, flipping often.
- 5The secret to this is cooking over a low heat, and flipping the sandwich often.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Your Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 529.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g