1/2 Photos of Yummy Baked Mac & Cheese
This recipe is a better adaptation of the "perfect" macaroni and cheese recipe from the MS website. To save $$, I get the various cheese "ends" that most grocery deli counters offer at a discount. The greater the variety of cheeses used, the better this recipe tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups milk (warm)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups cheese, shredded (mild Cheddar, Swiss, and American are a good mix, but use what you have on hand)
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) box macaroni, cooked (any type you prefer)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a casserole dish with butter or olive oil spray.
- 2Melt the butter in a large saucepan, stir in flour gradually and whisk until smooth. Cook 1 minute.
- 3Whisk in the warm milk & cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in all the spices and the 4 cups cheese. NOT the parmesan. Stir until all cheese is melted. (The mixture should have a smooth consistency).
- 5Stir in the cooked Macaroni until well coated with sauce.
- 6Pour mixture into buttered casserole. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly with slightly browned edges.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Baked Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.0
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 972.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g