1/1 Photo of Yummy Loaded Potato Soup
Easy to make because it uses frozen cubed hash browns. Can be made meatless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets, measure after chopping
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 5 cups chicken broth, can use veggie broth
- 32 ounces frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 -3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt, to taste
OPTIONAL to add in
- 1In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, garlic, broccoli and parsley; saute for about 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add the broth, hash browns, paprika, pepper, and celery salt.
- 3Bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until everything is soft.
- 5In a separate saucepan, melt the 6 tbsp butter. Stir in the flour and stir constantly while cooking for 3 minutes. Stir this into the soup.
- 6Add the milk and cheese to soup.
- 7Cook and stir soup mixture until heated through and thickened. Add salt to taste.
- 8Stir in optional ham or bacon; if using it.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Loaded Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 664.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: