Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make because it uses frozen cubed hash browns. Can be made meatless.
Make and share this Yummy Loaded Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets, measure after chopping
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 5 cups chicken broth, can use veggie broth
- 32 ounces frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 -3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt, to taste
OPTIONAL to add in
- 1 cup diced ham (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, garlic, broccoli and parsley; saute for about 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Add the broth, hash browns, paprika, pepper, and celery salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until everything is soft.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the 6 tbsp butter. Stir in the flour and stir constantly while cooking for 3 minutes. Stir this into the soup.
- Add the milk and cheese to soup.
- Cook and stir soup mixture until heated through and thickened. Add salt to taste.
- Stir in optional ham or bacon; if using it.
This is a great tasting, hearty soup that was a huge hit at deer camp. Everyone (including my wife) wanted more and the recipe to boot. I add 8 oz of diced ham and 1/2 tsp salt with the cheese to top it off. This recipe is definately a keeper and a family favorite!
This was great. I didn't have broccoli or meat but it still tasted great.
This was a good and tasty soup. Much easier to make since i didn't have to cut up potatoes. We loved the broccoli in it too. Will make again. Thanks for posting this recipe.