1/2 Photos of Zucchini 3-Cheese Quiche
Everyone will enjoy this. Especially cheese lovers. I use a full cup of cheddar, 1/2 cup swiss and provolone or mozzarella for the rest. Any combination will do. I cobbled this recipe together from several that I enjoyed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarse chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Grease the bottom and up one inch, a deep dish, 9" pan. Evenly sprinkle on the breadcrumbs.
- 2Bake in 350 oven for 12 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven.
- 3While hot, sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan if desired. Set aside.
- 4In a large pan, sautee the onions in the butter until soft.
- 5Add the squash and red peppers.
- 6Add all the sesonings.
- 7Simmer til squash are just slightly tender. Remove from heat.
- 8In a separate bowl, with a fork beat the eggs with the flour then combine the cheeses and eggs mixing together well.
- 9Pour the egg-cheese mixture into the pan with the zucchini and gently combine.
- 10Spoon the filling into the prepared pan, sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes or until a test knife comes out clean.
- 12Remove from oven and let set for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini 3-Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.0
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 211.4 mg
- Sodium 1449.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g