1/6 Photos of Zucchini and Tomatoes With Parmesan Dumplings
1 hr 10 mins
This simple-to-prepare side accompanies blander dishes nicely. I particularly like it with simply grilled salmon or other fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender, but not browned.
- 2Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 3Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes and stirring occasionally.
- 4Add zucchini and simmer covered for 15 minutes, or until they are tender and stirring as needed.
- 5Mix the beaten egg and the parmesan cheese together in a small bowl until it forms a mass.
- 6With the aid of a tablespoon, drop the dumplings onto the tomato mixture (you should get 4 nicely-sized ones).
- 7Simmer, covered, for 5 to ten minutes, until dumplings are firm.
- 8When they are firm, gently flip them over to completely cook the top side (simmering another 1-2 minutes).
- 9Serve each portion with one dumpling atop the tomato-zucchini mixture.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Tomatoes With Parmesan Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 1000.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g