Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy, crispy strips of zucchini that can be eaten as an appetizer or side dish. Use larger, at least 7" long, zucchini for this dish.
- In a shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup of cheese, eggs, 2 tablespoons flour, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic and milk; whisk or beat until smooth; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in half cross-wise, then into lengthwise slices about 1/4 inch thick; lightly dust each piece with flour.
- Heat about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat; using a fork, dip each zucchini slice into cheese mixture, thickly coating both sides; place in pan, a few pieces at a time, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain briefly on paper towels, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm until all are cooked (add additional oil to pan as needed).
- Sprinkle to taste with additional cheese and serve.