1/3 Photos of Zucchini Squash-Rice Casserole
1 hr 11 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups sliced zucchini (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine first 3 ingredients in a dutch oven, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- 3Drain; partially mash with a potato masher.
- 4Combine zucchini mixture, rice, sour cream, cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl; stir gently.
- 5Spoon zucchini mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- 7Preheat broiler.
- 8Broil one minute or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Squash-Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 542.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth