Quick and easy- hot and cheesy! Seasonings, bacon and two cheeses make this a really yummy side that is sure to please the pickiest people! Southern women will add bacon and cheese to any healthy veggie!
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel. (I use turkey bacon and a little cooking spray but you can use any kind you choose).
- Drain grease from pan leaving just a light coating.
- Slice zucchini and add to pan.
- Add basil, salt and pepper and sautee until crisp tender - or softer if you like.
- Add onion, bacon and cheeses and heat just until cheese to begin to melt.
- If you like you can put it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese.