Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy- hot and cheesy! Seasonings, bacon and two cheeses make this a really yummy side that is sure to please the pickiest people! Southern women will add bacon and cheese to any healthy veggie!
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel. (I use turkey bacon and a little cooking spray but you can use any kind you choose).
- Drain grease from pan leaving just a light coating.
- Slice zucchini and add to pan.
- Add basil, salt and pepper and sautee until crisp tender - or softer if you like.
- Add onion, bacon and cheeses and heat just until cheese to begin to melt.
- If you like you can put it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
Delicious! I tasted before adding the cheese, and it was perfect just like that. So I saved the fat and calories and ate it without the cheese. Just perfect. Thanks for sharing!
We liked this easy to prepare zucchini dish. Made as written. Thanks mama's kitchen. Bullwinkle
How could this not be delicious? Zucchini with bacon and cheese! I made this last night exactly as directed and it was very good! I will be making it again! Thanks Mama's K!